- Toko's T14 waxing iron features a built-in microprocessor to precisely control temperature fluctuations
- Heats up quickly to deliver a working temperature range of 100°C to 160°C (212°F to 320°F).
- It features a digital readout to continually display its current operating temperature.
- The compact ergonomic chassis enables waxing in a variety of orientations and has a pressure-cast aluminum base
- Featuring diagonal grooves that help distribute wax more evenly across ski or snowboard bases.
- The aluminum base plate is a hefty 1/2” thick and measures 4” x 6”.
- It's rated at 120 volts and 1200 watts.
- Includes a sturdy padded nylon storage/travel case.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
6 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The Toko T14 Digital Iron has a good hefty base to hold and maintain heat. The grooves in the base help to disperse wax. The unit also has a good ergonomic feel in the hand.
After using a less expensive iron for years that varied considerably on temperatures, it's great to have the digital temperature readout. I have found that the unit heats rapidly and stays at or close the the indicated temperature. This is helpful when trying to apply hard, cold temperature waxes that require higher temperatures. The temperature control also helps to protect ski bases from the dangers of excessive heat.
It heats up rapidly & holds the desired temperature very well. I really like the digital temperature readout; now I can be more confident that the temperature is correct. Wax jobs now are faster & more consistent. The pivoting base of the cord is helpful with storage. I don't regret paying a higher price for this iron.
I've been using a cheapie iron for years. The temp control on this iron is soooo much better. I should have upgraded long ago.....
It took me a few years to finally buy a top-end iron, and as the old adage goes, you only cry once when you buy the best.
This iron holds the temperature beautifully, and has the power to recover so quickly when melting wax and heating the ski that it seems like it never cools.
Buy one (or the Swix), and don't regret it.
I enjoy hot waxing Its one of my favorite things to do the night before a day of hard riding I'll wax everyone's sticks making sure that no one gets left behind at flat spots or sunny sticky areas I use to do all my waxing with a simple cheap iron which worked but temps were all over the place and it didn't spread the wax out at all I felt like I was pushing the wax around trying to get it to melt in and always switching the temps up and down This Iron is awesome it heats up fast and it has a digital read out of the temp you are at for easy adjusting but the best thing I noticed was how great it spreads the wax with your passes It really lays it out nice it makes scraping easier and faster It also comes with a carrying bag I love having cases for my tools And it looks sweet
Although the price went up from last yearit's still a good work horse for the shop. I bought 1 last year and with all the abuse we gave it and duct tape it stii preforms. The new iron this year came eith a thicker plate, just making the iron that much better.