- A dull scraper can make the simple task of removing wax arduous, especially with today's wider boards.
- We offer manual scraper sharpeners that work really well, but if you are looking for a dead simple and efficient way to keep an edge on your scraper, or if you have a family or team worth of skis to scrape, this is the tool to have.
- We have one on the bench here at Tognar and love it.
- Plug in and wait for the green light to become steady (this protects it from too cold operation)
- Slowly (5-7 seconds for 6 inch scraper) slide the scraper through the slot and a sharp cylindrical cutting blade (spun by a high speed electric motor) imparts a super-smooth, super-sharp edge in seconds!
- The tool measures 6"x3.5"x2.5" making it compact enough to take on the road.
- Accepts all Plexiglass scrapers up to 7.6mm in thickness. NOT FOR METAL SCRAPERS!
- If the unit is cold, allow it to warm up to room temp. prior to using to avaoid damaging the AC adapter or cords.
- Made from recycled plastic.
- The machine operates on any voltage from 110 to 240, anywhere in the world, just choose the appropriate cord for your region (so-as the plug will fit in the wall).
- Machined and assembled in the USA.
- Color varies.
While these are super reliable tools, please take the time to register your unit through the Mantac website, this is essential for any future warranties. All warranties should be handled directly through Mantac as it helps them further improve the product.
9 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I love to ski and tune ski's. I get bummed out with having to sharpen a $6.98 plastic scraper all the time. I have used various ceramic and metal sharpener's that eventually make the scraper concave. My new Mantac not only makes them very sharp but also flat and straight. (Like New). I debated for two years to justify purchasing and now I am kicking myself for not doing sooner.
First, this does exactly what it describes: it sharpens Your used was scrapers and makes them factory sharp again. It did it by scraping off a small amount of each edge. It does make the scraper as sharp add it originally was, making it much easier to scrape off the wax. So, it does exactly as advertised. I previously used the hand sharpener by Swix. The electric one is a thousand times better. It really bring it back to its original sharpness. (Note: because it does this by shaving off a small amount of the scraper, over time you will wear down the scraper. It will take a long time to do this.). It is super easy to use.
When I read reviews on this item, the concerns were ask around the economics. Scrapers are fairly cheap, this electric scraper is really expensive, and the argument is that it is cheaper to just buy a bunch of scrapers, and toss them when they have lost their edge. While I get this argument (and economically it is probably true), a couple reasons why I still like this:
1). I don't like wasting stuff. You will certainly get a lot more like out of your plexi scrapers with this.
2). Because it is so easy to use, you end up with a sharp scraper every time you tune your skis. It makes the entire process much faster and more efficient. I can do my families full set of skis much faster than I could before. This for me makes it worth it.
So, don't buy it for the economics. But it because it helps you tune your skis better and faster. And if the manufacturer ever got the price below $100, this becomes a no-brainer.
Amazing! So easy to use. One pass and your scraper is as sharp as new. Mantac Electric wax scraper sharpener could us a box under the sharpener to collect the shavings. Shavings pile up very fast.
Great product! Saves massive amount of time.
While $160 buys a lot of scrapers, there is something basically rewarding from restoring dull scrapers to like-new sharpness. This tool is not only effective, it is a pleasure to use.
Wow, this is a godsend! I hesitated because of the price, but now that my stack of scrapers are brand new again I couldn't be happier. I never could get any of the hand sharpeners to work.
Works great. Thkaes just a couple seconds to have a nice shaarp scraper. Having a sharp scraper is key to a good wax job.
I had half a dozen plexi scrapers in various stages of dullness, but a couple of minutes with this and they're all like new again. Easy to use, easy to clean, and works great!
Nothing speeds the waxing process like a sharp scraper. I have the Toko tool, screens and files and they pale next to this tool.