- Hertel's legendary Super Hot Sauce is an all temperature wax that is uniquely formulated to work in all snow and weather conditions.
- Rather than relying on wax hardness to match conditions Hertel uses a microencapsulation formula with patented surfactants that work in all temperatures and weather conditions.
- While skiing, you are basically cruising on a surface of water created by your skis riding against the snow. Super HotSauce wax works by changing the structure of that water you have created in order to give you extra speed, control and safety.
- Hertel Super HotSauce ski and snowboard wax is designed for all types of skiers and snowboarders of all skill levels, temperatures and weather conditions.
- ONE wax for ALL conditions! Super HotSauce can be applied either hot or cold.
- Non PTFE. Non Fluorocarbon. Biodegradable.
- Available in 5oz and 12oz bars.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
9 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I've used Hertel's Super Hot Sauce wax for couple of years now. It has a wide temp range for all but the coldest and very warm days. It's also a great "lay-up" hot wax for the off season.
Excellent wax! I've used it for over 20yrs as my go-to. I use it on all skis for all conditions. Recently used it at -9° on both powder and cord/machine groom and worked great. Easy to apply, scrape, and polish.
Great wax for the changing conditions in the PNW. This wax is fast in all conditions and wears reasonably well. No need to check snow temp with this wax.
The Hertel All Temp (aka Hot Sauce) is an everyday recreational go-to wax for most all snow conditions.
Pro- cost effective, low temp melt, easy application.
Con- Longevity is a bit lacking.
Bottom Line- No need to spend bazillions, this stuff gets the job done.
Probably one of the best general purpose waxes
I am impressed that this wax actually works at temps above 34 degrees F. We used to just quit Snowkiting out in the fields when the snow got this warm because the boards or skis would be too hard to push in front of you. Now there seems to just be no upper limit to how warm we can go. Cold performance is as good as other European style waxes except the range is wider and you do not have to worry about the temp the next day. No other all temp wax that I have used does this. Durability is decent but no better than other temp specific waxes out there.
What I like about this product is multiple: 1st it is a good everyday, every condition wax especially for the western areas. Second, it is economical. Lastly, it doesn't take an abnormal amount of iron heat for application. Durability is a compromise of the low cost. All in all, it gets the job done well.
I found this to be noticeably faster than other waxes I have bought & whatever the local ski shop uses. I have found that in the spring, it strips off in a very short period, less than 1 run. I would have given it 5 stars if not for that.
I use this for the entire quiver plus the rest of the families skis and it is great for the conditions we usually see in the PNW. If it gets really cold and dry I will blend it 1:1 with the Hertel Cold Snap wax and that gets me down well below zero Fahrenheit (can't tell how far because if it gets below about -15 I'm probably not skiing)